Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Mechanics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedW8 Exhaust upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W8 Exhaust upgrade
    Posted: 19-May-2008 at 22:44
Originally posted by black4motion

just a warning, im not sure about the magnaflow setup with the mufflers at the rear of the car, but my mufflers under the center of the car is very very LOUD. This might be too much for some people. Highway drone at 80 is very loud with the windows up...just letting you guys know if you are not in the market for something that you can hear from miles away.

So what kind of setup do you have? I know they're straight pipes, but where did you get the parts? Did you just have a local shop do it?
black4motion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote black4motion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2008 at 09:40
Yea I actually found a place called "Lou's Custom Exhaust" in Worcester MA. What I have is straight pipes coming off the headers, the cats are still there because our cats come right off the headers, which go into two 2.25" inlet/outlet Silverline Mini Mufflers (ansaautomotive.com) mounted under the center of the car. Then straight pipes from there, back to custom made y-pipes which the shop did for me, to four 3.5" Magnaflow Double-Wall tips.
2004 DÖÜBLE Ü8 6-speed
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2008 at 21:38
Originally posted by black4motion

Yea I actually found a place called "Lou's Custom Exhaust" in Worcester MA. What I have is straight pipes coming off the headers, the cats are still there because our cats come right off the headers, which go into two 2.25" inlet/outlet Silverline Mini Mufflers (ansaautomotive.com) mounted under the center of the car. Then straight pipes from there, back to custom made y-pipes which the shop did for me, to four 3.5" Magnaflow Double-Wall tips.

Wow, that's quite a setup...how much did that run you?
black4motion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote black4motion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2008 at 08:29
550$ with the mufflers, If I had already had them, it would have been about 400, any custom exhaust shop is usually not too bad
2004 DÖÜBLE Ü8 6-speed
___/ __/ _/ View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote ___/ __/ _/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2008 at 14:07
Thread bump.

You guys are awesome!

Mike
"I agree that the W8 is a great car--when it works... "
-dstathos-

^Pure Genius! Why didn't I write that?!?

dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2008 at 07:35
Had mine done a month ago. From cats back. Increased the diameter to 2.25 inch from 2 inch, removed the pancake centre box (i was worried about this but all fine) with two smaller boxes and another 2 boxes at the rear. Have optional tailpipes being 2xtwins and 2x RS6 ovals in case I get bored. Will need to get photos and videos up.

Sounds great, very deep at low revs and from 2,500 rpm start to sound quite nasal like a ferrari!! (or so I think) Motorway speeds over here it's absolutelly fine and I do 1,000 miles a week
Trevorswaine View Drop Down

Quote Trevorswaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2008 at 11:36
sounds good, dmcdmc, look forward to seeing some photos. Didn't realise how much aggro it was to put photos on though, had to get rustybronco to show me how to (see "another silver W8 converted to LPG" on "General Discussion". Where in the UK are you, anywhere near me?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12