The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum Lockedfront rotors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote scottbob0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: front rotors
    Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 00:50
look what i found http://www.eurosporttuning.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VWB-252-010&Category_Code=VW-P-B5-br
i have no idea what company they are i just found them.. 512 bucks damn.

Edited by scottbob0 - 03-Jan-2007 at 06:51
W8 6speed 03 Maus
coach_pilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote coach_pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 13:30
Be carefully with such no names. Even the brake discs should be handled with care. I've seen so many cheap copies coming from whereever in a bad quality.

To loose 20 or 30 euros would be ok, but to pay 512 dollars and to have no references is too much risk by my opinion.
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 17:02
my guess is they bought w8 rotors from vw or another source and put them on a drill press machine.

if that is the case they will warp and crack very quickly

also, who wants cross-drilled rotors???

slotted is the only type of performance rotor i would consider, and they would only increase performance for stopping in the rain.

slotted and cross-drilled rotors are a looks only item for the street in my opinion
scottbob0 View Drop Down

Quote scottbob0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 21:02
then why dose porsche use them..... drilled offers much faster cooling then sloted. but you are right about the cracking. ya cant have every thing.btw we need people to throw down on the stage 4 brakes... this car chiped is stupid fast on the top for a two ton car. it needs them. but most of you probly dont go to the track..
W8 6speed 03 Maus
squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 22:42
and this car was never intended to go to the track. get an r32 or gli for that
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT
craig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 19:53
Originally posted by scottbob0

then why dose porsche use them.....

Porsche rotors have holes cast in them, not drilled. Much less cracking.

Porsche uses holed rotors in street applications because the rotors offer reduced sprung weight and improved wet performance - which outweigh the disadvantages of reduced braking capacity and increased pad wear (when the brakes are sized correctly).
scottbob0 View Drop Down

Quote scottbob0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2007 at 03:04
Originally posted by squish

dude people take every kind of car to the track, and this car handles great.                                                           

Edited by scottbob0 - 11-Jan-2007 at 09:10
W8 6speed 03 Maus
EUROaddiction View Drop Down

Quote EUROaddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2007 at 22:45
Originally posted by squish

those weren't designed for the track. street cars IIRC.

just yankin' your chain

the W8 was designed for higher speeds than both of those, and accopmplishes it very well. "designed for the left lane of the autobahn" -some guy who works for VWoA. i'm also assuming that he was refering to the part of the autobahn that doesn't have speed limits.
new kid on the block
 Post Reply Post Reply