The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Do It Yourself Guides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

DIY - Replacing Coolant Temp Sensors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Malcolm Tucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DIY - Replacing Coolant Temp Sensors
    Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 11:51
The codes will still be present bit with an "Intermittent" tag appended to them. This just means that they were detected at one point but are not evident at the time of scan.

Harry
"I've got more on my plate than a spinster at a wedding"
DSutherland View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DSutherland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2013 at 02:29
I have finally had enough of my W8 aircraft and just ordered the sensors. Will definitely have this handy little guide in hand.
02passatw8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2013 at 04:57
Bet its your thermostat not the sensors!!!^^^^^
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DSutherland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2013 at 05:34
Haha don't say that!

I'll describe what I've been experiencing and perhaps it might give you some leads as to what it is - right now I'm shooting in the dark just basing my fix off of what I've read in various forums.

So to start, it's not always on. In fact, it's rarely on. I did the test where you use the button combination on climatronic and go to number 45 and when the fan switches to airplane mode it reads 127 on climatronic. Secondly the fan seems to only go on when it's either pouring rain (which is common at this time of year in the Pacific Northwest - you'd know all about that 02passatw8)or when I'm really hard on the car.
When the fan goes on to max, I plug in my bluetooth adapter, turn on Torque Pro from my Android, clear the code and I'm good for a while. (The code is P0118 - it doesn't even light up on the dash but appears in the scan).

That's basically it. I'm hoping it's one or both of the sensors because they are already in the mail. If it's not, I guess I'll have to look in to the thermostat but sleep sound knowing my sensors won't go for a while!! :D
02passatw8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2013 at 06:33
Just talking from experience, it will get more frequent. I had the same issues.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DSutherland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2013 at 03:00
I replaced the sensors today, so far so good!! No more bloody airplane mode :)
___/ __/ _/ View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote ___/ __/ _/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2013 at 09:26
Dang ETCS!
"I agree that the W8 is a great car--when it works... "
-dstathos-

^Pure Genius! Why didn't I write that?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234